Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Do's

Today both Grace and Sydney got their hair chopped off. They were very overdue for haircuts. The last haircut that they had was in August. I had Micki cut a lot off and think that they look adorable. I can still pull it up in pigtails. Both girls did really well. Grace has had a phobia of getting her haircut. She was great for her first haircut but after that she turned into another child. She was excited to go but once we got into the shop she would cling to me and cry. I even had Mike try and go with us and she was still awful. The last time we went she let Micki cut her hair but she had to be talked into it and she stood for the haircut rather than sit in the chair. This time she was awesome. She wanted Sydney to go first but once Sydney was done she climbed in the chair and never made a peep. Sydney didn't do as well. She wouldn't sit in the chair so Micki cut her hair standing up.

Sydney loves to wear sunglasses. She seems to put them on upside down a lot. :-)

Last night Grace woke up crying because her ear hurt. She wanted her Daddy. I gave her some medicine but she was still up a few times in the night. I called the doctor and got her in this morning and she had an ear infection. She has had a cold this past week and now it has settled in her ear. She is on an antibiotic for ten days. She is so good about taking medicine so it shouldn't be too bad.
Mike made it to where he'll be for the duration of the deployment. He is busy getting settled. I went shopping today so that I can get him a care package in the mail on Monday. We've been able to talk on a daily basis which is so nice. Tonight when we signed off he was heading to breakfast. Grace was confused and asked me "Why is Daddy eating breakfast at night". I tried to explain to her that Daddy is on the other side of the world and it is morning. She just grinned!!

Chad and I are headed to the Illini basketball game tomorrow. I sure hope that they play better than they did on Thursday. GO ILLINI!!

No comments: