Monday, February 2, 2009

Sending Love

Today in the mail we got a package from Mike. He sent it from Manas Air Force base. In the package was a pencil drawing of our girls. I love it!! There was a man at Manas who had a business setup making pencil drawings. Mike gave him the Christmas picture of the girls to use to make the drawing. It is an early birthday present for me. I'm going to take and have it framed. It is a perfect gift, something that I can keep forever.

- Here is the original photo. Didn't he do an awesome job?

Last night I packed up four boxes to send to Mike and one to send to our friend Russ. I took them to the post office today and got them in the mail. The girls colored pictures and we also made helicopter sugar cookies. They had so much fun making them. I hope that they still taste good by the time they get eaten. I vacuum sealed them to hopefully help keep them fresh. I also ordered Mike a mini fridge from Best Buy. They will ship it to him. I hope that he gets it without any issues. I'm having fun with the care packages. My plan is to send at least one a week. I know that Mike likes getting mail.



Here are a few new pictures of our girls. We talked to Mike on Skype tonight and they both loved it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kara,

I love the pencil drawing. It is beautiful!! Also, you are such a great wife. What a sweet care package with helicopter cookies even. I can't imagine what it must feel like to try and 'care' for your husband while he is so many miles away. You are amazing.

Sara S.