It has been a busy weekend and it isn't even over yet! Last night my Dad was in a play called "Lincolns in Town". It was a played about Lincoln and his connection to
. It was really good and my Dad did a great job. I went with my siblings while the girls stayed home with my in-laws.

This morning I was pleasantly surprised when my I got two dozen roses in the mail from my Valentine. Over the years Mike has rarely sent me flowers. I love getting them and was shocked to get them today. Even though he is so far away I know that I'm very blessed. I honestly think that him being gone has brought us closer together. I treasure each time I get to talk to him. Each day that passes is one day closer to us being together.

Today I had an Army FRG get together at my friend Karen's house. It was a luncheon and a time to visit. I had a great time and even won a door prize for a facial. I'm really excited about it. I've never had a facial before and I need one! I'm looking forward to getting it scheduled.
Tonight my family came over to celebrate my birthday. We had pizza and cake. It was a nice evening thanks to my Mom. She did all of the organization. It was nice having everyone together. It was the first time that we've all been together since Jenna's arrival. She was the hit of the party and cute as ever. I keep asking Janel if I can keep her but she keeps telling me "no".
- Isn't Jenna's outfit so cute!! Her bottom says "Be Mine".


- Isn't Mee-Maw beaming!! She was so happy to introduce Jenna to Great-Grandma Fowler



-Daddy is always with us
Tomorrow morning our local CBS station is coming by to do a follow-up story on our family and how we are dealing with Mike's deployment. I'll be sure and let everyone know when it airs and post a link to the video if they put it on their website. We are going to make another batch of helicopter cookies. I need to make sure and get up early so that we can all look our best for TV. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment