Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another News Story...

Before Mike left I contacted our local news stations by email and ask that they come to the deployment ceremony to show local support for the awesome group of soldiers. Two of the three stations contacted me a did a news story on our family before Mike left. The CBS station asked if the could keep in touch while Mike was gone. I was up for it so I told them yes. Today they came to our house and did a follow-up story. It aired on the 5:30 news but for those of you who don't live in the area you can watch it here, http://centralillinoisproud.com/content/fulltext/?cid=46242. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Of course, I don't think I look the best but I know that I'm my own worst critic. I like that this station is making others aware of the sacrifices that military families make. I'm so proud of Mike. I think I have the easy job, he is missing so much with our girls. It is my mission to make sure that he doesn't miss too much!

Twelve years ago today Mike and I went on our first date. I had just turned twenty and he was still nineteen. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. We went to see a movie, Vegas Vacation and had pizza. I almost didn't go out with him but my friends talked me into it. I had just been dumped and wasn't sure I was up for dating again. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that when God closes a door he opens another window! Thanks for the last twelve years Michael! I can't imagine my life without you!

1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

Great coverage! Thought of you this weekend - we needed some music CD's for a Valentine's Dinner, so I picked up the CD of love songs from your wedding!