Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Great Food & Even Better Friends

Last night was our first Army Wives dinner of 2009. We met at a German restaurant in Peoria. I was a little skeptical about German food but Mike assured me that my friend Karen would not steer me wrong, she didn't. The food was wonderful and I was stuffed when I headed home. The roads weren't the best on the way over but much better on the way home. I always have such a great time getting together with my friends. I wished that we all lived closer so we could get together more often. Not everyone was able to join us last night but we had a pretty good turnout.


This guy sang all night. Sometimes a little too loud...

Mike is still at Fort Sill. He isn't sure when he'll be leaving. It will most likely be sometime within the next couple of weeks. There is a deployment ceremony next week at Fort Sill that families can attend but there is no guarantee that we can spend time with our soldier so I'm not planning to make the trip. I would love to see Mike again but a ten hour drive doesn't sound all that fun and I hate saying goodbye. I think that Mike is ready to get this show on the road and get back home. I am too. I want to know what it is going to be like when he is half a world away from us.

On a brighter note, we booked our third trip to Jamaica this past week. We plan to go in December of this year. We are returning to Couples, Negril, http://www.couples.com/. If Mike doesn't make it home in time we'll just reschedule it. We are going back with our friends. It is something for both of us to look forward to in 2009.


The "Couples" at Couples, Negril - August 2008

No comments: