Sunday, January 4, 2009

Making Room For Baby Rapp

This weekend the girls and I drove up to my sister's to help her get ready for her third baby. She is due to have a little girl on January 28th. She is in the final stretch and hoping that she might arrive early. My sister and her husband have two little boys the same age as Grace and Sydney. Their nursery was decorated with blue sailboats so they thought it would be nice to redecorate. Janel found some cute bedding online a few months ago but with the holidays hadn't had much time to do anything. My Mom and Step-Dad also drove up to help and my brother who lives near Janel helped out too. The guys painted the room and the girls went through and washed and organized all of the clothes and got the bedding washed up. I have been saving my girl clothes for Janel ever since I had Grace and she had Tucker. This fall I went through my things and gave her nine storage tubs full. Needless to say Baby Rapp could probably not wear the same outfit for weeks. Her closet is full and it only has the clothes in it for up to 3 months. I'm beyond excited for her to arrive. Janel having a baby is the next best thing to me having one of my own. It is actually probably better since I just get to spoil her and not deal with the late night feedings and all of the not so fun parts of being a Mom. Grace can't wait to meet her new cousin and Sydney commented that "Aunt Janel has a big belly with a baby inside". Here are a few pictures and a video of our fun weekend.

- Mike ended up with some sort of bug and didn't feel well.

- Janel is 36 1/2 weeks pregnant.

- Poor Carter had an ear infection and wasn't himself this weekend.

- Flat Daddy even made the trip

Today the girls had a birthday party to attend for a friend from daycare so we got on the road at lunch to head home. They were great travelers and had a lot of fun at the party. Here are more pictures. I know, you are shocked that I took more pictures!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kara,

Looks like you had a busy weekend. I agree being an Aunt is the best!! I have 14 (#15 is on the way) neice and nephews and love them to pieces. That is so great that you went and helped Janel get ready. How exciting.

Also, I love your blog. You have such a sweet family. I'm definitely thinking of you with Mike gone. Praying 2009 flies by quickly for you. Take care. I'll be checking in often.

Sara Streitmatter (Kieser)