Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Sweet Husband

Yesterday when I got home I had two postcards in my mailbox from my sweet husband. While he was traveling around the world he bought postcards at a couple of the stops along the way and sent them home. A package from Fort Sill also arrived yesterday with some items Mike didn't take with him and in the box he put another sweet note. They couldn't have come at a better time. So far Mike has pretty much called or emailed me everyday. Yesterday I didn't hear from him and the postcards brightened my day. I just love notes, cards, emails and letters from him since I can go back and read them. Don't get me wrong phone calls are awesome but I can't replay them. We did get a phone call tonight around the girls bedtime and it was so great to hear his voice. He was getting ready to get on another plane to his final destination. It has been a long journey and he is ready to get settled. Once I hear that he made it I will email out his address. The girls and I are ready to get a care package sent out to him. I've been collecting items over the last few weeks and both girls have made things for Daddy.

Yesterday in the car Grace saw a truck that looked like Mike's and said "That truck looks like my Daddy's" Sydney's reply was "My Daddy's flying". It was pretty cute. It just shows that even though Daddy isn't here he is never far from our girls hearts. They are crazy about him!!

My little Jenna is doing well. She came home from the hospital today. The boys are in love with her. They had some awesome hospital photos done with a professional photographer. It is something new that the hospital provides. They whole family was involved in the session. Here are just a couple of my adorable little niece...

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm so glad you received your husband's postcards and note just when you needed them. I can't imagine how much your girls must miss their daddy. Mark was gone for two days on business and my kids missed him so much. Thinking of you and praying for Mike as he heads to his final destination.

Jenna's baby pictures are precious, much cuter than my kids' hospital baby pictures.

Sara S.