Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Halo Held Up By Horns...


How can two children from the same parents be so different? Miss Sydney turned three a few weeks ago so I took her to the doctor last Friday for her three year checkup. She had a great appointment. She weighs almost the same weight as Grace did when she was three but she is three inches taller than Grace at the same age!! Sydney is in the 96% for height which means she is taller than 96% of the little girls her age. The doctor informed me that she will be tall. I had that already figured out since she is taller than some four year olds we know. No wonder people think Grace and Sydney are twins. They are almost the same size. Sydney is very much a girly girl. She loves makeup, hates being dirty, loves to clean and wants to do everything like Mommy. She loves her big sister one moment and then in the next moment is hurting Grace. Tonight for instance she bit Grace on the face. It took all the control I had not to bite her back. I was not a happy Mommy. Sydney has been the biter of the family but lately hasn't done it. Well tonight apparently she did not like Grace turning off the CD she was listening to and telling her it was time for bed. In her defense I kept them up way too late because Mike called right at bedtime. I love talking to him so I just let them play while we had a forty-five minute conversation. Needless to say we did not have a good bedtime and Sydney is now in her room laying on the floor crying for me. She should be sleeping in her bed. The joys of parenting!! I love Sydney so much but I hate to see the teen years!! I sure miss Daddy during these trying moments! All will be better in the morning. I just hope poor Gracie's face doesn't look too bad. She has her boo boo buddy on it right now.

No comments: