It is so hard to believe that three years ago today I was sitting in a hospital bed holding my sweet newborn baby girl. She came into this world on September 14th, 2006 after a long hard pregnancy. I was on bed rest from the end of July until she was born. Her delivery was quick and really pretty easy. Mike and I both thought she would be a boy but we opted not to find out before hand. I had picked out the name Elise Lynn for a girl and Garrett Michael for a boy. The night before I had her Mike decided he didn't like either name so we spent the evening of the 13th looking up names online. We finally decided on Preston Michael since we thought for sure it was a boy. Well, we were wrong and this beautiful little girl was born. We both liked Sydney and it fit her!! She had so much dark hair. She has pretty much had a bow in it from day one. She loves wearing hair pretties and is such a girly girl!! She is a strong willed independent little girl. She is finally potty trained which is a huge milestone. I just look at her and cannot believe she is my baby. She is so big and really is such a sweet little girl. She is best buddies with her big sister and wants to do everything just like Gracie. I thank God each and every day for my sweet Sydney. Happy Birthday baby girl!! You'll always be "Baby" Sydney to Mommy and Daddy!
How can this sweet baby be three?
Three years old today!! Isn't her shirt so cute?!
Mommy and Sydney
We celebrated her birthday with dinner at Chuck E Cheese's. She informed me this morning "Mommy I'm not going to be afraid of the mouse".
Gracie loved playing games
Sydney's birthday cake. When I asked her what she wanted on her cake she said lipstick. It's no wonder since I love lipstick too!
Sydney and her cake.
We were singing to her at this point. What a sweetheart!
Blowing out her candle!
Pa-Pa Fred and Grandma Jan with the birthday girl.
Mee-Maw and Pa-Pa with Sydney
Grandpa and Grandma's turn! Sydney got to spend her birthday with all of her grandparents!! How awesome is that?
Trying to get a photo of the girls!! Of course, Sydney looked away!
Laughing at Mommy!
Grandma and Gracie
Sydney took birthday treats to our sitter's house!! Don't they look yummy!
When Mike gets home we plan to have a combined birthday party for our girls!! Daddy called us tonight and was able to talk to Sydney. Our good friend Russ is also celebrating his birthday today. He is in Afghanistan so not the best place to celebrate!! We love you Russ and can't wait to see you in November!!


2 comments:
I LOVE the shirt, where did you find it?
I love to pictures, I can't believe she's 3 already. And congrats on the potty training! What a milestone.
Post a Comment