Sunday, September 20, 2009

Kenny Chesney Rocked!!

Country singer Kenny Chesney played at our local coliseum on Thursday night. He had a cancellation on his tour and our town happened to be in the middle of his last two shows. We were all shocked that the Country Music Entertainer of the Year would play at a venue that only holds 8,200 people. He usually plays venues that hold at least 20,000, usually more. The tickets sold out in three minutes. We felt very lucky to get tickets during the presale event. My Mom and sister each got two sets of two tickets for a total of eight. It was so much fun and probably the best concert I've ever been to. I know Mike would have loved it and got a little sentimental when Kenny played the song Me and You. It is an old one but awesome. It was hard getting up for work on Friday but so worth it. I had a couple of friends who got upgraded to front row tickets and back stage passes. I was jealous but happy for them. Here are some of the photos I took during the fun evening!!

Janel took her friend Stacy since Brian was out of town on business.

I took my friend Angie!


Mom and Mike on the bus over the show!

Chad and Amanda, the concert was exactly one month till their wedding!!

Angie and me in front of one of the tour buses.

Janel and me with the tour bus.


Our friend Tyler loves Kenny and I happened to see him after his Mom bought him a concert shirt. Isn't he a cutie!

Angie is ready for the show to begin!

Angie and me waiting for Kenny!

Getting close!

I stood for the whole show and sang every song!!

The Zac Brown Band opened for Kenny and they came out and played with him at the end!

2 comments:

Kimberly Martin-Boyd said...

Possibly the best ending to a concert I have EVER seen. Zac Brown was AWESOME!!!

Amanda Rassi said...

Glad to see you had fun. I was thinking of you when I heard it on the radio.