Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day

First of all I want to thank all of those man and women we have served our country and made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live in a free nation. I'm so proud of Mike and the sacrifices he makes. He'll never know how proud I am of him.

Memorial Day was Mike's last full day at home with us. We ate his favorite, Monicals pizza and ran a few errands before coming home so that Mike could fix a few things around the house. He had to shave off part of an upper cabinet so that our new fridge will fit and he cleaned the garage out so that we can put our old fridge in it. Aunt Nancy had brought over an apple pie in the morning so we ate it that night and sang Happy Birthday to Mike even though his actual birthday wasn't until the next day. I was a little sad knowing that he had to leave the next day but we had a great day. The girls stayed up late and once we got them to bed we rented a movie. Here are a few pictures from our fun Monday!

Mike and the yummy pie. I had to send the leftovers home with my in-laws or I would be in trouble!

Sydney took this picture of us! She is getting pretty good with the camera too.

Lunch at Monicals. We met Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna! It was so much fun!

No comments: