Saturday, May 30, 2009

Goodbye, again...

Our two weeks with Mike went way too fast. I knew that it would go faster that I would have liked. We did have an awesome visit with him and created a lot of wonderful family memories. Mike had to head back on Tuesday, which was his 32nd birthday. What a great birthday gift! The girls and I took him to the airport and Mike's parents met us. We were able to take him the gate so we could spend more time with him. It was hard to say goodbye but we know that the next time we see him he'll be home for good. We are closing in on the five month mark and have a busy summer so it should go quickly. Mike is still trying to get back to his base. He is sick of living out of his backpack and ready to get back to work so that he can come home. He is still calling me at least once a day to check-in. I love him so much! The girls have done pretty well with him leaving. Grace has had a harder time than Sydney. She has had a couple of crying episodes but she is usually tired. I would recommend that all soldiers take advantage of coming home on leave. It was an amazing two weeks.

Daddy and his girls before we left for the airport.

Daddy getting some love!

Mike and me, another photo courtesy of Gracie!

Our family

Mike with his parents and the girls, Sydney was being silly.

Sydney decided she didn't want to be in the picture!

Daddy and Sydney

I love this photo! Can't you just see the pure joy on Grace's face!

After Mike boarded the plane we headed out to our car. We waited for his plan to take-off and Grace was waving. It was so cute and made me cry.

Sydney waved to Daddy too!

No comments: