Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Amazing Day...

First off, I want to wish all of the amazing mothers in my life a Happy Mother's Day. On this day I especially miss my Nana who was such an wonderful Grandma to me. I learned so much from her and I'm so glad to have had such a wonderful relationship with her.

Anyway, the girls and I started off the morning by heading to church. My brother snapped this quick photo of us before we left. We had planned to listen to Aunt Nancy sing with the Praise Team but she ended up in the hospital with complications from a test she had on Friday. We are praying that she is feeling better soon! Both the girls and I sure missed her.


After church we had lunch and did a few things around the house before heading to the airport to pick up MIKE!!! I told the girls we were going to check out the airplanes. They are still young so it worked. Mike's parents met us there. His flight got in a little early and we greeted him at the bottom of the baggage claim escalator. I took a little video clip of the girls. There is a link to it on the left hand side of the blog. It was awesome to see their reaction. They were both jumping up and down and yelling "Daddy". I thought Sydney would be shy but I was sure wrong. She won't let Daddy out of her site.


Grandma and Sydney while we wait


Grandma and Grace

Daddy's here!!

The Heuer family together at last!!

Our girls sure love Daddy!!

Mike and his proud parents

Did you notice their shirts say "My Heart Belongs to Daddy"?

Playing around while we wait for Mike's bag

Sydney's turn

Grace took this photo of us, not bad for a four year old!

Another shot of Mike and I.

Grace trying to carry Mike's bag. She could barely stand up with it on her back.

Sporting Daddy's shades on the way home.
Tonight we just hung out at home. We watched a movie and enjoyed the time as a family. I know the next two weeks with fly by but we are going to try and enjoy ever single moment.

2 comments:

Amanda Rassi said...

I'm so happy for all of you! The video of the girls running into his arms brought tears to my eyes. Mike - welcome home! Give him a big welcome home hug and enjoy the time for all of us.

Ruth Ann said...

What wonderful pictures of pure joy! So glad for all of you!