Monday, December 15, 2008

Our New Man

I took today off work to start and try to finish my Christmas shopping. I made a good dent in it but I'm not finished. I hope to get it all finished and the gifts all wrapped before Mike arrives on the 23rd. I don't want to waste any of our short time together getting ready for Christmas. One of the things I picked up while shopping was this adorable snowman. I registered us for the Sears Hero's at Home Promotion. It is a program that Sears is sponsoring to raise money for the families of deployed soldiers. They sent us a $100 gift card to use at either Sears of K-Mart plus they sent an additional email that with $100 that could be used in their Trim the Home Department. I stopped by our local Sears to see what I could find. We didn't really need anything but I didn't want the $100 to go to waste. Along with the snowman I picked up some lights, a few bows, an ornament and wrapping paper. It was totally free which was so nice. The girls were suprised to come home and find our new snowman. I still have the $100 left to spend at Sears plus after the holidays they are going to reload the gift card with additional money they are collecting. What an awesome program!!

One of the things I picked up was lights for the mantel. Here are the before and after picture. Also notice our paper chain is shrinking. Only eight more days!!

Today I also had our carpet professionally cleaned. We have it done yearly which makes such a difference. My parents had this house before us and they also had it cleaned each year. I believe that not wearing our shoes and getting it cleaned has made a huge difference. I just love my freshly cleaned carpet. Here are a few pics.

No comments: