Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Shelly & State Farm Santa

Today is my cousin Shelly's 27th birthday. She invited the girls and I to join her and her Mom for dinner at Chilis. Our girls just love both Aunt Nancy and Shelly. Growing up we spent a lot of time together. She is like another Aunt to our girls. Dinner was a lot of fun. I enjoy the adult interaction. The weekends are when I miss Mike the most. As long as I keep busy I am fine. I do have moments where I just want to cry but try my hardest to be strong for my girls. Only 17 more days till our Christmas visit.

The girls and I also had the State Farm Santa visit today. Sydney is scared of Santa so she wouldn't sit on his lap so I had to get in the picture too. Maybe next year she'll cooperate. Grace has yet to be afraid. She was excited to see him and both girls liked their gift. It is so nice of State Farm to do this for the kids. Grace asks about it every year. She doesn't forget anything!

I get asked all of the time if they are twins. Sydney is so tall for her age that I can see why people ask me. Plus I dress them a like most days. I love it and know as they get older it won't be an option. It also makes life a lot easier in the morning when it is time to get dressed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lydia still won't go near Santa either!! She'll wave from a distance and then quickly move on. I keep thinking she'll grow out of it as well...then again.