My Dad has participated in the Holiday Spectacular since it started back in 2002. He has always seemed to have some sort of solo. This year he opened the show singing "Happy Holidays". Here is a small video clip.
He sounded great. The video isn't the best but it gives you a good idea. This year I took Grace for the first time and my sister took my nephew, Tucker. Both kids were so excited to see Papa Fred sing and dance in the musical. Grace loved the show. She was laying on my brothers lap and I mentioned to her that I was headed to the restroom. She proceeded to tell me she had to throw up so we hurried to the restroom. Luckily, we made it. I told her that we needed to go home and she cried because the show wasn't over. I felt so bad for her so we went back to our seats and finished watching until intermission. At intermission I told her it was over and we left. She came home and fell asleep on the couch.
When I moved her to bed she woke up and got sick a little more. So far today she has been fine. I hope that Sydney and I don't get it. My brother and sister-in-law to be had planned to stay with us this weekend but didn't because they didn't want to catch anything. My sister and I had also planned to Christmas shop today but that was also canceled. My sister ended up getting sick too but she is pretty sure that it she didn't get it from Grace. I was pretty bummed out last night. I was really looking forward to the family time this weekend. Today the girls and I ended up staying in our pj's all day and I did laundry. Hopefully tomorrow we can venture out to church and to the store. I'm taking Monday off to try and get most of my shopping done. I haven't gotten much done and I want to be totally done by the time Mike gets home. We are down to just 10 days. In a few hours it will only be 9 days. Last night I did get some cute pictures before the show started. I wished I could have stayed for the whole thing and gotten some with my Dad. I was so proud of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment