Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy Weekend

On Saturday the girls and I met my Mom at the mall to try and finish up my shopping. I got most of it done. While at the mall the girls wanted to ride the carousel and Grace wanted to see Santa again. Sydney wanted no part of sitting on Santa's lap. A picture with Santa cost $20. I opted for no picture since I already had free pictures from the State Farm Santa visit. Here are a few pictures from the carousel ride.

After shopping the girls and I headed home to meet my brother. Chad and I had tickets to see the Illini play Detroit Mercy in Champaign. My wonderful in-laws kept the girls for me.

- Sydney with Grandpa

The roads weren't the best but we made it to Champaign and home without any issues. Illinois won by 30 but still has some areas to improve. It was my first game this year. Chad and I had a great time. When we got home we stayed up wrapping gifts until 1:00 am. Friday night I stayed up until 2 am wrapping. I'm done with all my wrapping except for a few gifts that should arrive in the mail tomorrow.
On Sunday we went to my Aunt Nancy's to make Christmas candy and cookies. It is a family tradition that my Grandma "Nana" started. I can't remember a year that we didn't have her famous "peanut butter balls". This is the first year that she wasn't here to make them with us. She passed away in January just after her 78th birthday. I know that she is happy we continued the tradition.

-Shelly with our girls

Chad, Aunt Ruth, Aunt Nancy and Melissa making peanut butter balls.

Here is some of the finished product; two of my favorites!

No comments: