Friday, April 24, 2009

A well deserved retirement

My Uncle Mike has worked at our local water department for longer than I've been alive. He loved his job so much and I honestly did not think I would see the day when he would retire. The city offered a really good package so he made the tough decision to retire. For those of you who don't know my Uncle he is a man that cannot sit still. He is constantly on the go and is one of the hardest working people you will ever meet. He will do anything for you and has more friends than anyone I know. His official retirement date was last week but today was his party. The party was a lot of fun. I even took the girls but thought that they would get bored. They actually didn't want to leave. My in-laws bribed them with ice cream so that they could get them home and to bed. I took photos with my Uncle's camera and some with mine. Here are the favorites from my camera.

Grace and Uncle Mike

Grandma and Sydney

Uncle Mike knows everyone! This is our local state Representative Dan Brady posing for a picture with him.

Uncle Ron and Aunt Terry

Holly and Uncle Ron

Grace and Ainjill, they had so much fun playing together!

Grace and Uncle Chad

Grandma Fowler

Sydney "playing" video games. Well at least she thought she was playing!

Uncle Mike's co-workers gave him this picture.

Grace and Aunt Amanda

Aunt Donna and Grace

Grace and Kacee

Uncle Mike on the phone with Mike. He was so glad that Mike called him. It was very early in the morning for Mike.

Uncle Mike and Kara

I wish Uncle Mike the best!! I hope that he really enjoys his retirement. I couldn't ask for a better Uncle and love him so much!! HAPPY RETIREMENT WAYNE!!

No comments: