Grace - "Mom is there a people in the bunny?"
Me - "Grace what are you talking about?"
Grace - "You know, is there a people in the bunny?"
Me - "Why do you ask that Grace?"
Grace - "Because I saw skin"
Me - "Well maybe the Easter Bunny had a helper today that was a person"
Grace -"OK Mom"
That girl is too smart for her own good. She had noticed that the Bunny's arm was sticking out between his gloves and the suit. I got a good laugh out of it.
After our breakfast we ran home and loaded up the car and drove up to Janel's. We had plans later on in the day to visit with some of my college friends who live in the Chicago area. On our way out of town I hit the ATM and when I was getting ready to pull out of the parking lot I turned around and saw this...
The love each other so much. They sure can fight but overall they are best buddies.
We had lunch at Janel's and then headed up to my friend Kathy's. Six families got together for dinner. We had ten little ones ages four and under. Kathy and Wayne were the best hosts. Kathy planned activities for the other kids and had a ton of toys for all the babies. We had such a great time and I wish we all could get together more often. I'm so glad that we've been able to remain friends over the years. Now our kids get a chance to grow up together which is awesome. Here are some pictures from the evening...
Syd loving on her baby cousin Jenna
Reese waiting for some dinner
Ryker is such a happy little guy
Ryan is such a cutie. He'll be turning one this month. I can't believe how fast it has gone.
Gracie with Reese
Today we went to church with Janel and Brian. Before church Sydney was complaining that her ear hurt. I gave her some Motrin and thought maybe she could have an ear infection. She acted fine most of the day and even took a nap for Brian while Janel and I ran a few errands. When I got home she woke up crying again telling me her ear hurt. I decided to take her to prompt care and sure enough she has an ear infection. I'm so glad that I took her, hopefully she will be feeling better tomorrow.
We had a great weekend but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking I wish Mike were here. He is doing well. He has been flying at night so our talking schedule is a little off. We still hear from him every day. He should be home for his mid-tour leave in about six weeks. We can't wait!!
Gracie with Jenna after church
Jenna is getting so big. She is very smiley and is even starting to "talk". I just can get enough of my little niece.
PS - Brian is awesome!! He got all five kids to take a nap this afternoon. My girls fight me to take a nap so to get all of them down at once is a miracle. He rocks!! Thanks Brian, you are an awesome Uncle and Dad!

1 comment:
Hi Kara!
My, my! You and the girls are always on the go but that is wonderful! You are fortunate to have such a close family and great friends to hang with while Mike is gone. We will have to reschedule our visit! Glad the girls are healthy again. Happy Easter!
Katrina
Post a Comment