Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome March!!!

I'm so happy that March is finally here. That means we are one month closer to Mike being home. Four down eight to go!! It also means that Spring is just around the corner. I'm ready for winter to be over. This one has seemed really long. Mike sent me this picture today. It was taken after he got done flying. I've been bugging him for some photos. I miss his handsome face and those dimples.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon making cookies and coloring pictures for Daddy and his friends. Grace had so much fun. She is learning to write so she wrote each of their names on their drawing. Today I put the five care packages in the mail. I hope that they don't take too long to arrive and that they enjoy the cookies. It was a fun Sunday afternoon activity for the girls. I know that it makes them feel good to be sending love to Daddy and his friends! Mike has hung up all of the girl's artwork in his room and each night when we see him on the web cam they have Daddy show them their pictures. It is pretty cute to watch them get excited.

The cookies cool on the counter. I think we made around 8 dozen!!

The artwork that Grace and Sydney made for Daddy and his friends.

For dinner last night I made Sydney a helicopter peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Sydney has been having fun wrapping her Bear up in her blanket and carrying it around like a baby. Tonight she was reading Bear a book. She is a such a good little Mommy!

No comments: