Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally Friday!!

Friday is by far my favorite day of the week!! I work on Friday but I love the anticipation of having the weekend ahead of me. We've had a pretty uneventful week at our house. Both girls enjoyed wearing their shamrock shirts on Tuesday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Next year I think that the Leprechaun may visit our house and so some silly things. He visited some friends of mine this year and it sounded like fun!

Posing with Flat Daddy on St. Patrick's Day. Sydney was still asleep!!

Sydney drinking out of her "Grace" cup. We have two of them and whenever Grace drinks out of one Sydney insists on drinking out of the other one. I wish I could find a cup with Sydney's name on it but haven't yet!

We were able to talk to Daddy on the web cam a few nights this week. Mike had a few days off since he had hit his limit for the month on flying. Tomorrow he is back at it with a mission at 6:00 am. I talked to him this afternoon. He is still doing well. Nine more weeks till his starts his journey home for mid-tour leave!

Yesterday the girls and I got decked out in our Illini gear. We were all ready to cheer them on to victory in the opening round of the NCAA tourney. Sadly, they did not make it past the first round. We still love our boys in orange and blue and very happy with the success they had this year.

Today both girls had dental visits. It was Sydney's first time so they took a photo of her. She was shy and didn't smile. She looks like a deer in headlights but it is a memory of the day. They both had great visits. No cavities and no crying so it was a success. We go back in six months. Just think, six months from now we'll be almost though this deployment! :-)

After work my Mom called ans asked if I wanted to do a little shopping and grab some dinner. The girls and I didn't have plans so it sounded good to us. I had a bunch of coupons to use and I got some great deals. I was able to get the girls some new clothes for spring/summer. I love dressing my girls! I'll sure be sad when they get too big for Mom to pick out their clothes!

Sydney wore a new pair of her pajamas tonight. Grace has the same ones! Can you believe it? Sydney wants to be just like Grace.



The girls talked Mee-Maw into buying them an animal. We do not need anymore stuff animals in our house. They do actually play with them but they seem to take over!

Tomorrow we may take a road trip to Janel's for the day! I told the girls that tomorrow I have a surprise for them. I think they'll be excited to spend the day with their cousins. I need to get to bed so that I can wake up early and get our stuff together! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: