The last few days have been full of surprises at our house. The first surprise was early Thursday morning Grace woke up complaining of a stomach ache. I asked her if she felt like she was going to get sick and she told me no. She fell back asleep and then woke up crying wanting some milk. I got her a glass of milk and while I got her the milk her crying woke up Sydney. Both girls came and got in my bed and went back to sleep. A little while later Grace ended up getting sick but made it to the bathroom. She did get a little on my bedroom floor. I told her to stay away from Sydney in hopes that she wouldn't get sick. I was wrong. Sydney woke me up getting sick in my bed. I spent most of the day yesterday doing laundry and cleaning up after the girls. They were not themselves at all. Neither of them kept anything down until late afternoon. I was getting worried about Sydney. She seemed to be getting dehydrated. Late yesterday afternoon they kept down some juice and had soup. By evening they were feeling much better. Today they were both still running a low grade fever so I kept them home.
We got another surprise today. The door bell rang and we all ran to get it. On the porch was a box with flowers in it. Mike sent us a beautiful bouquet of tulips. I cried when I read the card. It was so sweet and very surprising. For those of you who don't know Mike he rarely sends flowers because they die. I totally agree but I still love to get them. It is even better when they are a surprise. It was perfect timing since we had a rough couple of days.
Tomorrow we have an Easter party with the Army group. I hope that the girls are better so that we can go. They both are looking forward to seeing the bunny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Kara,
I hope all the flu bugs are gone from your home! I stayed up late Wednesday night anticpating getting to see you on Thursday and had the best time reading your entire blog from start to finish
I had intended to read it every since I recieved your Christmas card but well.... you know how life busy life can be!
I find it challenging just to keep up with Molly's blog and the boys on Facebook!
You have been blessed with a great family. The blog was soooo sweet! You are a wonderful Mommy and wife Kara!
Let's do reschedule soon!I'll have to try to find the photos I have of you dressed up as a clown for Molly's b-day party!
Luv ya,
Katrina
Post a Comment