Saturday, August 8, 2009

Time to party cause it's day 99!!

Saturday was 99 days till Mike is scheduled to come home. I thought it would be fun to surprise the girls when the woke up in the morning with a 99 Days Till Daddy Comes Home Party!! I picked up a few decorations at the party store and decorated the kitchen so that when the girls woke up they would be surprised. They were very surprised and happy to celebrate. We had helicopter pancakes for breakfast and made a cake together to celebrate. After breakfast we got ready and spent the afternoon at the pool. It was such a fun day. Hitting double digits is a huge milestone in a year long deployment. Here are some pictures of our fun day!!

The island all decorated!!

Another view of the island!

The girls waiting for breakfast!

A helicopter pancake, isn't it cute?!

Grace helping with the cake!

Sydney's turn!!


My girls at State Farm pool!

A little fish named Sydney

Posing with Flat Daddy after bath!

Grace and Daddy!


Sydney and Daddy

Another picture with Daddy

Sweet Gracie!

2 comments:

Kimberly Martin-Boyd said...

You are such a good mom, you are doing so much better than I would be! And to top it off I can't make regular pancakes, little alone helicopter ones!!!

Unknown said...

Kara, You are an amazing mom! The things you think of with your girls are AWESOME! Your family is so lucky to have such a strong, and positive wife/mom. Hang in there!