Last Wednesday night I got home from working out and the girls were outside playing with Grandma and Grandpa. They love to ride bikes and play outside so I wasn't shocked to see them outside. When they came in my Mother-in-law informed me that Grace came home from the sitters saying she didn't feel well and immediately went and found the Motrin and asked to take some. My Mother-in-law gave her a small dose. I really didn't think much of it but at bed time Grace was complaining again about not feeling well. She really didn't act sick but said her head hurt. I gave her some more Motrin and sent her off to bed. She was up and down all night. She is normally a really good sleeper. In the morning we got ready for the sitters and she told me again she didn't feel well. I wasn't so sure about it because she was acting fine. When I was doing her hair she felt a little warm so I took her temp and it was 100.8. Not bad, but still a fever. I asked her what hurt and she said her ears. I was thinking it must be an ear infection so we made a trip to the doctor. The doctor looked at her ears and said they looked fine but said her throat looked bad. He said strep was going around and they were going to test her. Sure enough, she had strep so that meant no work for me on Thursday or Friday. Luckily, I can work from home but it isn't all that easy with the girls. By Friday Grace was doing much better and we headed to Aunt Bev's in Madison for the weekend. I snapped the picture of the girls at the doctors office. Grace looks fine, doesn't she?
I was worried Syd would get strep but so far she is fine. She did fall asleep on our ottoman watching TV on Thursday afternoon. Kids are so sweet when they are sleeping.

No comments:
Post a Comment