I was telling Mike the other day that I was going to get a calendar and have Grace mark off a day each morning so that we could keep track of when Daddy would be home for Christmas. He told me that someone else in his unit was doing a paper chain and removing a link each day so we opted for that idea. On Wednesday night I took Sydney to Kindermusik. Grandma and Grandpa stayed with Grace and helped her make the paper chain and hung it on our fireplace. We've been removing a link each morning. Only 38 more to go until our Christmas visit.

Last night we tried out the webcam for the first time. Mike doesn't have the best internet connection so we got kicked off a few times but other than that it worked well. The girls like seeing Daddy. Grace had her first meltdown last night. She was really tired and cried for Daddy. She is a big Daddy's girl so I think she'll have the hardest time with him being gone.

2 comments:
What a cute idea! I'm sure that will really help the time pass for the girls
This is a great idea. We did this when Justin got overseas, but we did weekly chains, would take them down and write we did for the week and mail them to him. He liked getting the broken chains :-)
Post a Comment