Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Check this out...

When Mike arrived at Fort Sill he was given a series of vaccinations. One of the vaccinations was for smallpox. I guess part of the reaction is having the area swell up and also your lymph nodes swell. Mike told me that he had a pretty nice welt so I told him to take a picture and send it to me. Here is what he sent...

He said that this was the worst day and that it is looking much better. I'm so glad that I'm not in the Army. I don't think I would make it.

Tonight Grace had another meltdown and wanted her Daddy. We were able to call him and she calmed down. When he talked to her on the phone he told her that the picture she colored for him was hanging up next to his bed. He also told her that he would send a picture of it to me so that she could see it. Both girls were very excited to see their artwork on display. I see more pictures coloring sessions in our future.

When I think about tomorrow being Thanksgiving and not getting to spend it with Mike it makes me sad. Mike has tomorrow off. He plans to sleep in and probably watch movies most of the day. They do get some sort of Thanksgiving meal but probably not one I would eat. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I know that I'm very blessed and have a lot to be thankful for this year. I'll be sure and post some pictures from this weekend. We have Thanksgiving and Grace is turning four. We also plan to get our Christmas stuff out this weekend. It should be interesting.



1 comment:

Amanda Rassi said...

Holy cow! I knew Jason said he had a welt but I had no idea it was this bad, yuck!