Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Video...

Yesterday was the deployment ceremony. Believe it or not I didn't even cry. It may have been because I knew WMBD was watching. The contacted me about doing an interview before the ceremony and want to continue to keep in contact with me while Mike is gone. Here is a link to the video if you missed it, http://centralillinoisproud.com/content/fulltext/?cid=31401. We had great family support at the ceremony yesterday. In total Mike had nineteen family members present to support him. We both feel very lucky to have such a wonderful support network. Because Mike was sick on Sunday he had to spend most of last night packing. I picked up pizza and a few things for him at Wal-Mart while he packed. We had to get up bright and early this morning so that he could be in Peoria in time to catch his plane to Fort Sill. The goodbye wasn't easy but we know that we'll see him for Christmas so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Mike arrived at Fort Sill without any problems. Tomorrow they start their training. The girls and I talked to him tonight and he even was able to help me with bedtime prayers and got to tell the girls goodnight. Sydney wanted to give Daddy a kiss so she just kissed the phone and got a big grin on her face. Our girls sure love their Daddy. Here are a few pictures from the last few days.




3 comments:

CindyHindy said...

You are a wonderful spokeswoman for all Army wives everywhere...
I hope your week flies by!

Cindi

Amanda Rassi said...

You guys are becoming regular celebrities. Don't worry this month will fly by....I'm counting on it.

Ruth Ann said...

Thought of you all as we stood along Main Street in Lexington, North Carolina, Tuesday for the local Veterans' Day Parade!