Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sydney's Big Girl Room!

Sydney was well overdue for a room makeover. She was still sleeping in her crib in the helicopter nursery and had just turned 3 1/2. Since Mike was gone almost all of 2009, I didn't feel it necessary to change her room. I thought the poor girl had enough change having Daddy gone. She was very excited to get a big girl bed. She had one request, a pink room. I found some cute bedding online that will grow with her and she approved. We ordered her new furniture back in January and it arrived in March. Once the furniture arrived we painted and got busy putting the room together. I'm really happy with how it turned out and Sydney loves it. We had no issues with the transition from the crib to the twin bed. She was more than ready. It does make me a little sad that we don't have a "baby" anymore but like I always tell Syd "she'll always be my baby".
The girls insisted on helping Daddy paint. We stripped them down one night before bed and let them help a little. They both loved it.
While Sydney's room was under construction she slept with Grace. They liked having a sleepover!

Her bedding has a ton of different colors so I had fun finding ribbon to hang her name.

The first night in her big girl bed. She was so proud.

Gracie loves Sydney's room too.

The finished product! We've added a few items like a lamp on her nightstand since this picture was taken but you get the idea.

I ordered polka dot drawer pulls online and I think they look great!

Another view of her new room!

Sisterly love!


Sydney reading book on her new stool!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new room and especially the polk-a-dot drawer pulls...SUPER CUTE!!

Amanda Rassi said...

I love the pictures of them painting. Too cute!