Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

The 4th of July is probably one of my favorite holidays. When I was growing up we spent every 4th at the Lake with my Dad's extended family and then finished off the day with fireworks at the park. This year was a bummer. We didn't have any plans today. I had decided I would take the girls back to the pool but the weather did not cooperate. It was rainy and cold all day. I wanted to get out of the house so we went see the Disney Pixar movie, UP. It was really cute and the girls loved it. My Mom and Mike joined us. It was nice having a few extra adults to help out. We didn't end up going to the fireworks because I didn't feel like messing with the cold and wet. We did see fireworks last night and may try and catch some tomorrow night. I sure missed Mike today. For some reason holidays are always harder. Two more holidays and he'll be home. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice again so we may try and spend another afternoon at the pool. We talked to Mike around noon today and he had just finished up a long day of flying. He logged over seven hours which is a long day for him. He did say that they had prime rib, steak and ribs for dinner. He also had a piece of apple pie with ice cream and mentioned that it didn't even compare to Aunt Nancy's. She makes the best apple pie!! I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!! Thanks to all of those men and women serving our country that make it possible for us to live in a free nation! Here are a few photos of the girls I took today. I had cute dresses for them but it was too cold to wear them. Maybe we'll get them out tomorrow!

Grace posing with her Max and Ruby DVD, silly girl!

Sydney loves to clean, she was wiping up her place on the island after eating some yogurt. She had the Windex and a paper towel cleaning! I hope when she gets older she'll like cleaning!! I will put her to work!

No comments: