Monday, June 22, 2009

Grace's First Cubs Game

Thanks to Ryan Dempster, the USO and the Chicago Cubs I had the privileged of taking Grace to her first Chicago Cubs game. I found out on Friday that I had gotten tickets for the game. I decided not to tell Grace in fear that she might tell Sydney. I could have taken both girls but decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to take two little ones to a game by myself. Ryan Dempster and his wife paid for us to attend the game because we have a deployed father and it was Father's Day. Mike called me first thing in the morning on Father's Day to wake me up. A call from him is the best wake-up call ever. I got ready and then woke Grace up and told her we were heading to Chicago. She got right up and ready. Chad was here for the weekend so I left Sydney sleeping and he stayed with her until Grandma and Grandpa arrived. Grace and I had a perfect day. We were taken into the game before the general public was allowed in and able to have a meet and greet with Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster. He was so nice and signed a jersey, baseball and baseball card for us. He also took a few photos with Grace and I. After our meet and greet we received $10 each in Cubs cash for lunch. Our seats were really good and the game was awesome. The Cubs won and we stayed for the entire game. Grace was such a trooper. It was a long day but she was so well behaved. I was really proud of her and can't wait to take her to another game. Next time we hope to take Daddy and Sydney with us.

Waiting to get into Wrigley

Grace with the Ernie Banks Statue

Kara with Ernie Banks, you guessed it Grace took this photo!

GO CUBS!!

Mommy and Grace waiting for Ryan

Grace with Ryan Dempster

Ryan Dempster, Grace and Kara


Cubs Cash

Grace being silly, she is wearing a Cubs hat with a visor over top of it!

Grace with her Cubs monkey. We brought one home for Sydney too.

CUBS WIN!!

Happy Father's Day Grandpa!! Grandma and Grandpa were so nice to keep Sydney for me. They had a fun day. Sydney enjoyed having them all to herself. I'm so thankful for my father-in-law. I couldn't ask for a better one, Happy Father's Day Roger!! We all love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the coolest thing ever! As a lifelong Cub fan myself I must say I'm so jealous. However I couldn't think of anyone who deserves a fun day more, plus a win on top of it. Can't beat it!

Amanda Rassi said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. If only it were a Cardinal game. ;-)

Malinowski Family said...

What a great experience for you both. I am so jealous.