Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's not goodbye but see you later...

On May 7th we lost the best Dad, Father-in-law and Grandpa. Roger Heuer was the greatest guy and we all miss him so much. He fought cancer for many years and never complained about it. He lived life to the fullest and loved his family so much. The day he passed away Mike, his Mom, his brother Eric and sister-in-law, Kristen were at the hospital. We all knew it was just a matter of time. I was on the fence as to what to do. I really wanted to see him but I had the girls. I made an executive decision and took the girls up to see him. We talked about Grandpa going to heaven and that we were going to say goodbye. They both cried a little and we were on our way. We kept our visit short and before we left we said our goodbyes. We didn't even get out of the hospital and he was gone. We are all convinced that Grandpa was waiting to say goodbye to his girls. He loved them so much and I'm so glad that they were able to spend so much time with him. A few days after Roger died Sydney was playing on our new play set. She had just learned how to swing herself. Mike's Mom was here and she informed Grandma that Grandpa was pushing her. It sure made my heart smile!! :-) Roger lives on in our memories and we know that we will get to see him in heaven. Here is a video I made for his visitation and funeral!! Love you forever, Roger!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful tribute!!!