For those of you who don't know my sweet Aunt Donna has been battling Alzheimer's. It is a terrible disease and so hard on the family. My Uncle Mike has been doing a motorcycle ride the last few years to raise money and awareness. This year the ride was on August 20th and started at Chuck's Harley Davidson. It ended at our local VFW with lunch and an auction. I'm pleased to announce that over $14,000 was raised. It was the most money ever raised for Alzheimer's in downstate Illinois. I'm so proud of my Uncle for the hard work he put into this. Aunt Donna really enjoyed the day and was able to participate in the ride. He is so good with her and you can see just how much he loves her. I took photos again this year and got a ton of good ones. This post is huge because I wanted to be sure and share all my photos. Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike hold a special place in my heart and I'm so proud of them and all that they have done for Alzheimer's. Here is hoping that the 2012 ride raises even more money and that a cure is found for this terrible disease.
Grace and Sydney with Uncle Mike
Grace and Sydney with Aunt Donna
Amanda and Chad with their Harley
Aunt Donna and her brother Jerry
Grace & Sydney with Aunt Nancy
The four big kids!! Jenna didn't want Aunt Kara to take her photo.
Aunt Donna's great nephew and nephew
Uncle Mike and Mary Jo
Uncle Miek greeting the crowd before the ride.
Uncle Mike fixing Aunt Donna's hair
Sharon and Jerry, it was their 40th Anniversary that day.
Sydney enjoying Uncle Chad and Aunt Amanda's new toy from the auction!

No comments:
Post a Comment