Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jamaica Day One

Mike and I having been coming to Jamaica the last three years with our friends, Russ, Karen, Kent and Lisa. This year is extra special since both Mike and Russ just got back from a yearlong deployment in Afghanistan. We also talked our friends Amy and Eric into joining us. Eric was also deployed to Afghanistan. To treat ourselves we decided to stay ten days and renew our wedding vows while we are here. It will be hard to be away from the girls but so nice to spend one on one time with each other.

Today we flew out of O'Hare bright and early. Our flight was delayed for weather in Atlanta. Our second flight was also delayed so we didn't arrive at our resort until around 5:00. It was so nice to come back to Couples, Negril. We met up with our friends and had dinner at Lychee, their Asian restaurant and then spent time visiting before heading back to our rooms. Tomorrow Mike and I plan to workout first thing in the morning and then scuba dive with he group at 9:00 am. We will probably also dive again at 1:00 and spend the rest of the day laying in the sun and enjoying the beautiful weather.

Our resort has free WIFI which makes me very excited! I have a hard time living without my phone and computer. I get to watch my TV from home if I want, call my girls, call my family and still be able to enjoy vacation. Life is good! Here are some pictures from our first day!

Russ and Mike

The whole group!

Mike and Eric

1 comment:

CindyHindy said...

You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your time in the sun :-)