Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Render Family Christmas Tradition...

Since I can remember my Dad's family has a tradition of making Christmas candy. In the past we always spent a Sunday afternoon at Nana's making candy. Even though she is no longer with us we have continued the tradition. This year we hosted the event at our house. We always make Nana's peanut butter balls and dip pretzels in white chocolate. We also made peanut butter blossoms and decorated a gingerbread house all while watching The Grinch. Aunt Nancy, Aunt Ruth and Melissa came over and we ordered pizza and then got busy making candy. I love making memories with my girls and I know Nana was watching us from heaven with a big smile on her face.

Aunt Nancy and Sydney, if you look closely Sydney is wearing her swimsuit. She had a great time sitting with Aunt Nancy and watching The Grinch. I think she asked Aunt Nancy about a million questions!
Melissa was a big help! We were the dippers, LOL!

Aunt Ruth packing up some of the finished pretzels!


YUMMY!!
Our gingerbread house, I've caught the girls trying to eat the candy off of it.
The gingerbread house decorates, Sydney, Aunt Ruth, Grace and Melissa!

No comments: